At Wellington Zoo, we are the Zoo with the biggest heart: a creative, innovative and progressive zoo. We are a team of powerfully passionate individuals who are champions for the welfare of all animals - within and beyond the boundaries of the Zoo. We are guided by our kaupapa, “Me Tiaki, Kia Ora!” We must look after our environment, so all things will flourish.
About the role-
Currently our Maintenance Team has a vacancy for a Renewals Programme Manager role to join them on a Fixed Term, Full Time basis from December 2020 to end of June 2022.
The Renewals Programme Manager is responsible for scoping of work, coordinating contractors, liaising with suppliers, tracking and progressing projects of work and overall project delivery. The role is a whole of Zoo position, responsible for assisting the General Manager Safety, Assets & Sustainability in the delivery of the Zoo’s annual Capital Renewals programme, including managing programmes, schedules and processes for project managing the Zoo’s capital projects as well as feedback into the Zoo’s Asset Management Plan.
Wellington Zoo is a progressive Zoo and a valued asset to the wider community. Being part of the Zoo Maintenance team requires adaptability, problem solving and comfort with a dynamic and complex work environment. We want to make the Zoo a beautiful, enjoyable and safe space for our community and are responsible for a wide variety of tasks and activities that centre on the general maintenance and appearance of the Zoo. The Zoo’s maintenance team play a critical role in maintaining and improving the Zoo for future generations.
What we’re looking for in an applicant-
- Experience in project management involving a number of consultants, contractors and/or stakeholders
- Understanding of the construction industry and all phases of project development
- Strong time management skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple requests and priorities
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing workplace health and safety practices and procedures
- Advanced in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills across a number of stakeholders
- Experience in project planning and estimating/budget development
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems collaboratively with a focus on achieving the best outcome for all parties
- Drive for results and demonstrated ability to make things happen
What we’re offering as an employer-
- The opportunity to be part of a passionate and committed team that is dedicated to animal welfare, sustainability initiatives, community engagement and conservation outcomes.
- An exciting and varied place to work.
- Sick leave entitlement from the start of employment.
- Allocation of Zoo passes that can be shared with family and friends
- Zoo product discounts.
- The ability to walk around and enjoy the Zoo every day.
- Annual flu vaccinations.
For more information on this vacancy please download the Job Description. To submit your application, click ‘Apply for this job’ to direct you to our application site. To find out more about Wellington Zoo please visit https://wellingtonzoo.com
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Applications must be received by close of business 30th October 2020