At Wellington Zoo we are guided by our kaupapa “Me Tiaki, Kia Ora!” and are committed to a vision of being the Zoo with the biggest heart. We have a strong green furry heart and care about making connections between animals, people and our environment. We punch above our weight in leading the way through connecting people with animals, saving animals in the wild and ensuring we’re a voice to be heard.
About the role
Our Sales and Service Team have a vacancy for a permanent full time Senior Visitor Advisor to join them. The role will require the ability to work a flexible 7-day roster, including public holidays (Wellington Zoo is open 364 days a year). If you are someone who loves to engage with visitors, has infectious energy, drive and enthusiasm then read on!
As a charitable trust, Wellington Zoo needs to build its revenue and this role is pivotal to help us grow and achieve our goals. This role is responsible for providing guidance and technical support to the Visitor Advisors, including helping with managing rosters, training and supervision. The role undertakes supervisory duties for the Sales & Service team, particularly in the absence of the Sales & Service Manager. This role is committed to creating a positive and motivating environment for the entire Sales & Service team.
What we’re looking for in an applicant
• Leadership and supervisory experience, specifically in growing and fostering sales and customer service behaviours
• Specialist expertise and experience in retail, administration and sales environment
• A proven track record in effective relationship management skills, proactive sales abilities, multi-tasking and working to deadlines
• Passionate about delivering excellent service and experience in this field
• Confident with communicating with a wide variety of people and handling all types of enquires whether by email, letter, telephone and online
• An interest in conservation and the work of the Zoo
What we’re offering as an employer-
• The opportunity to be part of a passionate and committed team that is dedicated to animal welfare, sustainability initiatives, community engagement and conservation outcomes
• An exciting and varied place to work
• Sick leave entitlement from the start of employment
• Allocation of Zoo passes that can be shared with family and friends
• Zoo product discounts
• The ability to walk around and enjoy the Zoo every day
• Annual flu vaccinations
To be successful in this role you must be a proactive problem solver with great organisation skills and the ability to identify sales opportunities.
For more information about this great opportunity please download the Job Description. To find out more about what we do and what we care about please visit https://wellingtonzoo.com
Please also check out our You Tube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUJTc2Uo1Q
Applicants for this position should have or be able to attain NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Wellington Zoo wants a diverse workforce that reflects Aotearoa New Zealand. As an inclusive organisation we welcome everyone to our wild party. We are committed to accepting, valuing and embracing the diversity of all people. We are working towards Rainbow Tick certification.
Applications close end of day Sunday 30th January 2022