Welcome to our wild party! At Wellington Zoo we are guided by our kaupapa “Me Tiaki, Kia Ora!” and are committed to a vision of being the Zoo with the biggest heart. We have a strong green furry heart and care about making connections between animals, people and our environment. We punch above our weight in leading the way through connecting people with animals, saving animals in the wild and ensuring we’re a voice to be heard.
About the role-
We have a vacancy for a permanent full time Visitor Advisor in our Sales and Service Team. The role will require the ability to work a flexible 7-day roster, including public holidays (Wellington Zoo is open 364 days a year). If you are someone who loves to engage with visitors, has infectious energy, drive and enthusiasm then read on! As a charitable trust, Wellington Zoo needs to build its revenue and this role is pivotal to help us grow and achieve our goals. This role requires a Zoo wide organisational focus, the ability to support and motivate other staff and the capability to inspire our visitors who come to the Zoo to want to come back and do more.
What we're looking for in an applicant-
• Specialist expertise and knowledge in venues sales, bookings, and function delivery;
• Solid experience in project coordination and organisation of a variety of events and meetings;
• Ability to set up and pack down venues for functions and meetings;
• A proven track record in sales and service including but not limited to proactive sales of products, and solution sales (matching solution to client need);
• A friendly, approachable demeanour and demonstrated evidence of the ability to go the extra mile for customers;
• An interest in conservation and the work of the Zoo.
What we’re offering as an employer-
· The opportunity to be part of a passionate and committed team that is dedicated to animal welfare, sustainability initiatives, community engagement and conservation outcomes.
· An exciting and varied place to work.
· Five days Conservation Leave per year of employment to work on a conservation project.
· Sick leave entitlement from the start of employment.
· Yearly allocation of Zoo passes and Zoo Close Encounters that can be shared with family and friends.
· Zoo product discounts.
· The ability to walk around and enjoy the Zoo every day.
· Annual flu vaccinations.
To be successful in this role you must be a proactive problem solver with great organisation skills and the ability to identify sales opportunities. Applicants for this position should have or be able to attain NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
For more information about this great opportunity please download the Job Description. To submit your application, click ‘Apply for this job’ to direct you to our application site.
To find out more about what we do and what we care about please visit https://wellingtonzoo.com