The Visitor Advisor role acts as a first contact for all in-person, telephone, website, and email enquiries. The role is predominantly to provide a professional and high level of service to all our visitors, before, during and after their visit to the Zoo. This role is also responsible for the sale and support of a diverse range of visitor products and services. These include retail shop sales, Close Encounters, memberships, venues, and events.
At Wellington Zoo we are guided by our kaupapa “Me Tiaki, Kia Ora!” and are committed to a vision of being the Zoo with the biggest heart. We care about making connections between animals, people and our environment, connecting people with animals, saving animals in the wild and ensuring we’re a voice to be heard.
About the role
We have a vacancy for a permanent full time Visitor Advisor in our Sales and Service Team. The role will require the ability to work a flexible 7-day roster, including public holidays (Wellington Zoo is open 364 days a year). If you are someone who loves to engage with visitors, has infectious energy, drive and enthusiasm then read on! As a charitable trust, Wellington Zoo needs to build its revenue and this role is pivotal to help us grow and achieve our goals. This role requires a Zoo wide organisational focus, the ability to support and motivate other staff and the capability to inspire our visitors who come to the Zoo to want to come back and do more.
What we're looking for in an applicant
Customer Service and Sales
- Ensuring seamless and friendly visitor service across all touch-points including the front counters, Wild Times office, shop and venues.
- Maintaining an excellent knowledge of all Zoo products and their associated prices.
- Meeting targeted expectations for sales - both individual and team targets.
Administration and Bookings
- Completing all administrative tasks for sales and bookings, including recording full and accurate details of the booking and keeping the Zoo’s systems updated, sending out confirmation of bookings where required, notifying relevant Zoo staff of forecasted bookings.
What we’re offering as an employer
- The opportunity to be part of a passionate and committed team that is dedicated to animal welfare, sustainability initiatives, community engagement and conservation outcomes.
- An exciting and varied place to work.
- Five days Conservation Leave per year of employment to work on conservation project.
- Sick leave entitlement from the start of employment.
- An extra accrued week of annual leave after 5 years continuous service.
- Long service leave recognition after 10+ years.
- Yearly allocation of Zoo passes and Zoo Close Encounters that can be shared with family and friends.
- Zoo product discounts.
- The ability to walk around and enjoy the Zoo every day.
- Annual flu vaccinations.
To be successful in this role you must be a proactive problem solver with great organisation skills and the ability to identify sales opportunities.
Wellington Zoo wants a diverse workforce that reflects Aotearoa New Zealand. As an inclusive organisation we welcome everyone to our wild party. We are committed to accepting, valuing and embracing the diversity of all people. We are working towards Rainbow Tick certification.
Applicants for this position should have or be able to attain NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit. For more information about this great opportunity please download the Job Description. To find out more about what we do and what we care about please visit https://wellingtonzoo.com
To submit your application, click ‘Apply for this job’ to direct you to our application site. Applications close