Mō mātou: About us
Wellington Zoo is the Zoo with the biggest heart: we are a creative, innovative, and progressive Zoo. We are a team of passionate individuals who are champions for the welfare of all animals - within and beyond the boundaries of the Zoo. We are guided by our kaupapa “Me Tiaki, Kia Ora!” We must look after our environment so all things will flourish.
Mō te tūranga: About the role
We currently have an exciting position for a permanent, full-time Zoo Educator to join our team. This is a Monday to Friday role.
Reporting to the Team Leader Learning, the Zoo Educator is responsible for creating and delivering innovative, conservation-based learning programmes including Enriching Local Curriculum (ELC) learning workshops, the Zoo’s School Holiday Programme, and our hands-on environmental education programme, Bush Builders.
He kōrero mōu: About you
You will be:
- An experienced educator
- Creative and enthusiastic
- An excellent communicator
- Passionate about conservation education and inspiring action in others
- Knowledgeable in tikanga and te reo Māori
- Someone who enjoys working outdoors and has a moderate level of physical fitness
If you are keen to share your commitment to animals, conservation and sustainability with students of all ages and have a good working knowledge of the New Zealand curriculum, this is the job for you.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of a committed team that is dedicated to positive animal welfare, sustainability initiatives, community engagement and conservation outcomes.
- An exciting and varied place to work
- Staff benefits, such as an allocation of Zoo passes and Close Encounters to be shared with family and friends
- 4 weeks of annual leave which increases after 5 years service
For more information about this great opportunity please download the Job Description. To submit your application, click ‘Apply for this job’ to direct you to our application site. To find out more about what we do and what we care about please visit www.wellingtonzoo.com
Applicants for this position should have or be able to attain NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit. If successful in your application you will be required to undergo a police background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol check (which the Zoo will arrange).
Wellington Zoo wants a diverse workforce that reflects Aotearoa New Zealand. As an inclusive organisation we welcome everyone to our wild party. We have our Rainbow Tick certification, and are committed to accepting, valuing, and embracing the diversity of all people.
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 12 August 2022